0

Shirtless at The Sounds



Tonight I am going to see The Sounds for the second time. So in honor of the occupation I thought I would share with you my epic story of The Sounds concert circa 2009. Enjoy!

Okay, I know it sounds scandalous and really I guess it was, but it was not in the least bit intentional. It all started when I had to pick an outfit that I could seamlessly carry me from driving in the car for 5 hours to rocking out at The Sounds concert. It was an easy task, I just opted for a dark version of my 'go-to' fall outfit: black high waited spandex, grey boots, a longish black/cream button-up, a black headband, and a cream scarf. Sounds like the perfect concert outfit right...WRONG! Here is where I now advise you, if you are a female do NOT wear a button-up shirt to a rock concert. This was my unfortunate mistake, but luckily I also made some choices that would make my experience slightly less scandalous.

Stepping out of the car and feeling the bitter October air I decided to keep my scarf on so when I came out of the concert I wouldn’t be cold (this was a good choice). I walked inside and watched the first band, Foxy Shazam, from an open area on the stairs well away from the stage. This wasn’t because FS is bad at all, but rather I had not heard their music before, truth is they put on an amazingly entertaining show. I just knew not to approach the stage until the crowds anticipation of The Sounds had reached its peak. So as Semi Precious Weapons was wrapping up their set I started to make my way forward.  Minutes later the anticipation boiled over and I was rocketed nearly to the front of the stage. Which was awesome, expect I was so smashed between bodies at times it was difficult to breath and movement was literally impossible.

Finally The Sounds took the stage, and as they began to play I was thrashed around wildly by the crowd surrounding me. I've been to enough concerts thus far in my life to know just going along with it is the best possible way to avoid being trampled. However, I did not think that “going along with it” would result in the unbuttoning of my shirt (thank goodness I decided to wear a black bra and not a tan one)! I am unsure at what point my shirt became unbuttoned, but as soon as I realized it was, I tried in vain to fix the problem. I was so smashed between bodies that it was impossible to lift my hands up enough to reach to buttons. Shortly after this realization, I became aware that my shirt was not so slowly slipping off of my shoulders (oh no!), and getting stuck on my elbows because of everybody’s sweat (yeah!). I never thought I would be grateful for other peoples sweat, but in that moment I was. My shirt eventually made its way to my wrists where (thankfully) it remained the rest of The Sounds concert. Good thing I am not a shy girl, or it would have been pretty awkward having my half naked upper body pressed against complete strangers. Anyway, The Sounds were amazing on stage and Maja (the lead singer) even touched my hand! So in the end being shirtless at The Sounds was totally worth it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top