0

Shaking with Anticipation of NaNoWriMo 2011

Quite possibly some, and more accurately most, of you may have no idea what NaNoWriMo stands for. Which means you aren't as nerdy as some of us who shall remain nameless (me), so congratulations! However, if you did perk up in your seat with looming anticipation at the mere mention of NaNoWriMo, then we should be friends, since I am desperate need of writing buddies for next month. I guess the time has come to reveal the true meaning of NaNoWriMo...National Novel Writing Month! The month in question being November, and frankly, I am slightly scared of November the more I think of it (excluding Thanksgiving), but who wouldn't be. Trying to write at least 50,000 words in 31 days on top of school, work, and a social life(?), is not an easy task to take on. Oh, and did I mention the writing has to be completely fresh new content? EEEEEK! Fortunately, NaNoWriMo has no rules against brainstorming/mapping/profiling or anything else I might want to do in preparation of the great writing journey, so you can bet that is what I spent my Saturday doing (nerd, remember). 

Well, check in to see how I am doing, and do feel free to offer any words of encouragement. Actually, I encourage you to do so. If everyone is super nice and very lucky I will probably post a snippet of two throughout the month so keep you eyes peeled. Plus, since you know how much I love music, you can almost be sure I will be provide a playlist or two (or three, or more) with songs that are reflecting the vibe of my novel. In short: Stay tuned folks!

Oh, and before I forget....check out the NaNoWriMo site to learn more about it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top