0

I Dream of Drive


Imagine waking a from a dream and not remembering any of the details. All you remember was that it was the coolest dream ever. Well it is less of a memory and more of a feeling. You get the feeling of greatness every time you try to think about the dream. Now imagine that dream is a movie...that move is Drive.

Drive is a brilliant neo-noir film (which I can now I deify thanks to my understanding movies class taught by my favorite college teacher to date: Professed Bywater). Drive really stands out from just about any movie I have seen as of late. At first the only reason I wanted to see it was Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan, but I kept hearing how mind blown people were by the film I know I had to witness it for myself. Thank goodness my wise friend Kody had the good sense to come to my apartment and suggest that he, my roommates, and I all go see it.

I have to say there were two aspects of the movie that really struck me. First, the whole soundtrack. I've seen character driven movies and plot driven movies, but I can not name another time where I felt a movie was music driven. The music really laid out the foundation and feeling of the movie, giving a humble nod to the 80's, but sequestering the film to stand alone. The second aspect that kept coming back to me was the elevator kiss. I am girl, of course I like kiss scenes. However, it is move than just my girly ways. I think it is a stunning example of the overall film: the music, the slow motion, the dimming lights, and the lack of dialog.

For all those who have yet to see the movie Drive: get you hind end to the nearest showing NOW! And for all those who have seen Drive: what did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top